Shoes that Work for Your Feet
If you have a health condition that affects your feet, we can help you find shoes that provide the comfort and support you need. Our expert shoe fitters have over 150 years of combined experience and they have all been trained by a Certified Pedorthist, an expert in shoe fitting and orthotics.
We can review your health care provider’s recommendations and come up with a solution to help you move with less pain and improve your overall activity level. We fit footwear for orthotics and braces every day.
Here are the health conditions we see on a regular basis:
Planning for your Visit
To help us find your healthiest fit, here are some things to bring:
- Your health care provider’s recommendations.
- Any orthotic inserts or braces you plan to wear in your new shoes.
- If you are trying to replace a specific shoe, feel free to bring that (or a picture of the shoe) along, too.
- Bring the pair of socks you plan to wear most often with your new shoes.
- Our measuring, try-on and fit assessment process takes about 20-30 minutes. It is a small time investment that will have a big payoff for you and your feet.
Buying Shoes for a Loved One
If you need to find shoes for a loved one who is not able to come into the store, we can help. If possible, try to make a tracing of the person’s bare feet while they are standing up. If they are unable to stand, make the tracing while they are seated. Bring your drawing with you for a consultation with one of our shoe experts. You can select a few options and let the person try them on at home. Keep the ones that fit and return the rest to the store.
We accept cash, credit/debit cards and checks as a form of payment. We are not able to bill your health insurance company and we are not recognized as a health care provider for flex-spending accounts.
Did You Know?
It’s better to switch between a few different pairs of shoes than to wear the same shoes every single day. Rotating gives your feet and the shoes a chance to rest and be at their best!
While we do not make custom orthotics at our store, we do carry a selection of over-the-counter orthotics in extensive sizes from Powerstep and Spenco. Feel free to try on a pair and see if they’re right for you.